• A detailed description of candidate’s set of skills (types of securitizations, types of M&A, types of securities, etc.).
• A detailed description of the kind of work the candidate has been doing for the last two years, in addition to the current year (three years in total). This description should have two aspects:
– the matters which the candidate has brought to his present firm as a result of his/her own marketing efforts
– the matters which other partners at his/her firm brought to him/her or matters the firm has been bringing into the firm because of institutional relationships and were given to him/her.
• A general description of the prospective firm’s clients (i.e., an investment bank involved in a particular kind of securitization or a particular kind of private equity acquisition in a specific industry).
• A general description of the prospective firm’s sets of skills available at that office (i.e., US capital markets or M&A, UK securitization).
Combination of candidate and prospective firm
• A generalized detailed description of the application of a candidate’s skills to the prospective firm’s clients (i.e., if the candidate does securitizations and among the firm’s clients is an investment bank doing ABS).
• A generalized detailed description of the application of the prospective firm’s set of skills to the candidate’s clients (i.e., a Japanese client which needs US securities for registered deals).
• A generalized proposal describing what kind of clients (optimally, a list of actual potential clients) could respond favorably to the combination of the candidate and the prospective firm, whether because together (candidate & prospective firm) bring something unique and synergistic when they combine (i.e., US & Japanese capabilities for cross-border M&A), or because the candidate at the prospective firm creates a new entity different from the previous one which would justify directing work to the new entity. Additionally, given the new combination, what kind of transactions will it be able to do and what companies or investment banks may be doing these transactions which could be approached with marketing efforts.
• A detailed breakdown of the candidate’s practice (in terms of collections and clients). An additional breakdown of which clients are portable (will come with candidate). The breakdown should include the last two years of collections and an indication of how the present year is going (in total, information for three years).