How to prepare a resumé / CV
1) Name, Address & Contact details
• Do include your email address!
• Undergraduate degree, name of university, dates of enrollment.
• Graduate degrees (if applicable), Name of university, dates of enrollment.
• Law degree (J.D., LL.M. or corresponding degree), name of university or institution, dates of enrollment.
• Additional honors relating to law degree.
3) Work Experience:
• Current or most recent place of employment, specifying level (associate, counsel, partner) and corresponding dates. A detailed description of the matters involved and the role played on each. If appropriate, this information should be segmented under areas to which they correspond (i.e., what is M&A, what is securities, what is structured finance, etc.). This is the most crucial part of the resumé and decisions are made many times based on the details included here.
• Earlier places of employment should be described similarly to the current or most recent employment.
• A list of jurisdictions and dates of admission to practice law.
• Any languages and the level of fluency on each (specify if fluency includes business vocabulary and writing).
• Any hobbies or activities.